From:
"Deziree E." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 07:44:20 -0700
Greetings to all.  I'm a new ferret owner who thoroughly researched the
animal before rescuing two albinos from a neglectful owner.  One point I
have not found any concrete answers to is this: How important is keeping
the same vet for a ferret?  I would like to take my new pets to a
university vet hospital, but each visit will likely be attended to by a
different vet.  Will this make vet visits even more stressful for my
fuzzies?  Their records will be kept in the same place, but the actual
veterinarian will be different.  Are vet visits easier on the ferrets if
the same doctor sees them each time?  Will they recognize and bond with a
regular vet?  Or will they adjust to each vet just fine (as long as they
are good with the animal)?  The university vet hospital is less expensive
than private practices, and I have checked records, references, and track
records of the work done there.  But, I would be willing to pay extra if it
would make the experience easier on my fuzzies.  Any suggestions, stories,
or comments are much needed and appreciated.

Thanks