From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:27:55 -0400
Hi friends!

It's your ol' buddy Jerimiah here!  Hoo hoo!  A hot time in the ol
shelter rooms for sure!  Busy, busy , busy as always!  It sure is crazy
round here!  There is STILL snow on the ground-- poor little Spring
flowers are going to be lost this year!  Yippee - Yahooey I can hardly
hardly wait- by the time you read this I can be playing and teachin'
the new boys another trick or two!  ALL the Holiday babies went to the
vets and hey got their ADV tests and Mom says the call came in and for
SURE all are ADV Negative so now I can get to start playing with them!
Of course my cage buddies Nestle , Annabelle & Marie don't get to be
cuz they don't get along with kids -- but I get lost of instructin' to
do now!

Mom says that a few kids could be leaving as soon as the weekend coming
as there families ( hopeful ones) have been waiting for the tests to come
in.  Sure enough she says we got someone coming in on Sunday and that
little Pixie gal and Red are destined to travel out of state.  Sure all
the pretty gals go away first!  Hooey!  They traveled to the vets just
today and got the rabies shots so all the vaccinations are done.

The Perfomance Food folks ( Totally Ferret) sent along some 1# bags of
food & some treat bags to make up adoption kits for the new kids and the
adopt a thon on May 3rd!  Mom was real pleased - the folks are setting up
books, pamphlets, magazines food & treats to give for every ferret that
gets a new home!  I hope they have some of those treats left for our
bedtime snacks.

Speaking of tricks- last night Mom spent a LONG LONG time in the shelter-
she was there so long she was singing ( now I did not hear this- I had to
rely on Nestle tellin' me) !  Seems the baby ferrets made a big big BIG
mess- they took all the clean pellets and dumped about 8 # on the floor
from the bucket and had a skating party -- and to make it better, Mom had
left a roll of paper towels out from cleaning all the poopy mess- well
they unrolled it and had a blast!  I thought is was really neat that Mom
got to spend so much more time in the shelter..  I winder if she enjoyed
it too!  Yep these are going to be really fun kids I hope I get to play a
while with them!

After all was done,Mom tucked us all into the cages and gave us all
bedtime snacks.  She looked ready for a nap too! :)  We are getting ready
for Bruno a PA hospice fert to come up to the vets - poor Bruno is a
young 2.5 years and he is losing hair all under his chin & down the
belly- so Dr Winnie is going to unzip him and take a look inside.  We are
all hoping she can fix him up jest fine.  Please send good thoughts for
little Bruno.  Mom describes him as a funny faced boy --Momma says she
thinks he is a downs ferret?  He wags his tale a LOT and acts like a tiny
puppy dog.  He is a fat & happy kid that she says is just as special as I
am.  He will stay here after surgery a few days an travel home after he
is ready-- Our Mom does really take good care of us kids-- sometimes we
forget!

Our good friend Karen has UPDATE the shelter web site- and listed lots fo
the new adoptable kids - please stop by to read about them!

There is more hammies and such on ebay- to help pay the oil bill an now
the vet bills- if you are hankering for something new please take a look
at the Ferret Wise auctions on ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com
%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1
&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=ferret+wise

Well I best be getting along- lots to teach now I have 7 new students one
gal and 6 boys who really need to learn more ferret tricks!

Hugs to you all- Your friend,
Jerimiah Ferretwise
mascot
www.ferretwise.org