From:
sue winnie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:43:32 -0500
Hello to all, As you all know by now, my partner and I lost another ferret
yesterday and this is pertaining to the experiance we had with a ferret
wise vet that has no compassion.  Animal Medical Center in Muncie, Ind,
had been recomended to us but we will NEVER use them again nor will we
recomend them to anyone that has a ferret.  I called them yesterday when
we knew that Rick needed help crossing the bridge.  I was told over the
phone that the vet was seeing clients and was leaving at 5:30 for the day
and wouldnt be back for 2 weeks as she was attending seminars.  I was then
told just drop Rick off and they would *take care* of him on the morning
by a vet that has NO ferret knowledge.I told them Rick was crying in pain
and couldnt wait til morning and then told them we were not having some
stranger *take care* of him (euthinize)let alone allow him to suffer
through the night because they couldnt and wouldnt fit him in.  I have
NEVER ran across heartless people like this clinic.  Now we are in a
bind.......is there anyone out there that can recomend ferret knowlegable
vet in the Farmland,Ind area?  We are not that far from Greenville,OH or
Richmond Ind.

Anyone that can help please contact us and let us know.We hope that no one
else uses the above named vet clinic and thank you all for your help.

Sue-Gen and now furbabies 20