From:
outlawdook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 14:21:57 -0700
>"Melissa A. Durfee" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: litter training standards
>Because I have a low tolerance for animals crapping in my living quarters
>I should "reconsider" my choice of pet?  ... I've trained four ferrets to
>be 99%-100% accurate in their cages and a fifth who has only an occasional
>lapse.  If my first ferret had been 60%, as you say yours are, I never
>would have adopted a second.  An animal that craps all over your house
>with no hope of being trained otherwise isn't the kind of animal one
>should have as a pet.

 [&]

>From:    Marta <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Several Post Replies
>Seriously, cleaning up ferret poop is part and parcel of owning a
>ferret.  If you can't stand that, then maybe you should reconsider
>being owned by a ferret!

Hmmmm, had to add my $.02 here.  This is not meant to take sides with or
against anyone, just MHO.  Mel, 99%-100% in a cage is one thing (and even
that is hard to believe), since you didn't give a %- tage out of the cage,
I'm going to assume, like the rest of fert owned humans, 60%-80% litter pan
hit is about as accurate as you can get.  Now, I do not believe any one who
has ferrets, like their house crapped in either, no matter what the choice
of pet may be.  Shit happens, pet or hooman child.  There is no way, I
believe that there is not a fossil fert turd anywhere in your home.  I
don't care if you have a litter box in every corner in your home, the
attention span of a fert out playing to his heart is content, is not going
to adhere to a 99%-100% hit rate.  60%-80% is not always accurate either.
In order to have a 99%-100% hit, the litter box is either attached to it's
ass, it wears a diaper or a paper towel is close behind waiting to catch
the miss.  Must be a very boring life to stay caged to achieve an almost
perfect hit rate for a task master or a litter box attached to it's ass
either.  If anyone is that clean, either doesn't have any pets (or many
visitors for that matter), doesn't need any or the pets are strictly
outdoor/caged.  So, poop IS part and parcel of pet ownership inside or
outside.  Anyone not willing to live with presents, do not need a pet or
pets of any type.

What pray tell is that following my ass?  8- )