From:
Carol-Anne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 1995 16:12:25 -0600
Such a plethora of responses to my question about getting a ferret from a
shelter!  I've been able to hear/read alot of different opinions about how
to handle adopting ferrets and dealing w/ the ECE.

In one sense, I agree w/ Pam Grant about getting your ferrets exposed to it
and getting it over w/, but at the same time, it IS a scary thought.

I have another question: Say I have a Hypothetical Ferret.  This H.F. has
had ECE and recovered.  Can my Hypothetical Ferret come down w/ it again if
exposed to another ferret who is shedding the virus?  Or is the
Hypothetical Ferret protected from getting it again b/c he already went
through it?

One More Thing: Found a painting of Elizabeth I at age 54, called "Ermine
Portrait" w/ what looks like a white ferret/or ermine, but w/ little black
spots all over.  Must be an ermine, I guess.  It's wearing a collar shaped
like a crown.  Very cute.

Thanks!
        Carol-Anne, HodgePodge & Portnoy