Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 19:51:32 -0400
Greetings from Peanut and his mama and daddy.

I have found a neat new way to get mama and daddy's attention.  When they
punish me for biting them too hard (wellllllll, sometimes I get a little
excited when we play, ya know??), they put me back in my cage so I can calm
down.  Sometimes, I really don't want to calm down!  So, being the smart,
feisty little fuzzy that I am, I proceed to roll around in my litter box and
beat my feet against it (they just don't seem to understand that I don't
want to use it the way they want me to!  <heehee>) If that doesn't get their
attention, I climb to the second floor of my condo and grab the bars of the
cage with my front paws and shake the heck out of it while I do a hula dance
with my hiney!  It works EVERY time!!  Mama starts laughing and gets Daddy
to look at me and they both say "AWWWWWWW!!!!!" and they let me out!  I
always let them know how grateful I am by kissing them both, then I lull
them into a false sense of security by playing nice and being gentle for at
least five minutes before I begin nibbling at their toes and ankles again.
Sometimes they both get busy on their pooters while I roam around the room
re-arranging their software boxes for them so they look prettier and are
easier to read since I spread them out for them.  Sometimes I crawl up the
inside of daddy's pant leg to get his attention.  Hey Guys, if you really
want attention, this is a GREAT way to get it!  Daddy knows that in order to
make me stop doing that, he has to get down on the floor and play with me.
I really love it when he does that.  I play "king of the mountain" and run
from his toes all the way up his back and then use his head as a springboard
to leap across a great distance (at least 3 feet) to land on mommy's soft
bathrobe.  Sometimes, if Daddy is wearing a t-shirt that isn't tucked into
his pants, I crawl up the inside of it and tickle his chest.  I like to lie
on my back and pull myself up to his chin using his chest as anchoring posts
for my front paws.  It's kinda like climbing a mountain, I guess.  The most
fun I have is first thing in the morning when mommy and daddy get up.  Now
Daddy's not real keen on playing before he's had his first cup of coffee.
He tends to get a little upset and yelps a LOT when I give him one of my
good morning "love bites." He issued an order this morning..  NO BITES
before my first cup of coffee.  I looked at him, danced a bit and BIT HIM
AGAIN!  OOPS!  I was banished to the cage until he finished his coffee... I
let him know that I was REALLY sorry for biting him so hard first thing..  I
kissed his ear and loved on him... and he hugged me and told me he loved
me... He does that a lot!

I've talked enough for now... but my folks have a couple of questions that
some of you might be able to answer.  1) Does anyone know anything about the
angora fuzzies?  disease resistance, general health differences from us
regular guys, adult average weight and size, prices.  2) what steps should
my folks take when introducing me to their Chow in a couple of months?  They
want the two of us to be good friends and don't want to make a mistake that
would cause us to be scared of each other.  Any info would be greatly
appreciated.

Hugs and dooks to all my furry friends out there ... and lick your human's
ears for me. :-)

Peanut (and his folks)