From:
june batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 07:01:13 -0700
Why would people who have ferrets with insulinoma feed them sustical or
ensure..the first 3 ingredients are water and 2 forms of sugar?

When my Joey wants up he stands on his hind legs, I put my hand down and
he wraps all 4 legs around my arm and waits to be lifted, tis a morning
ritual, he wants to be lifted to drink out of the bathroom sink and sneak
in a quick lick off my duck shaped soap.

My dear sweet phoebe has got a serious pred.  belly.  I know what this drug
is doing to her body, even though it is giving her life, it is also taking
it..I feel like I am slowly killing her.  She still eats, sleeps poops,
and when given the chance, runs like a kit through the grass, and every so
often interacts with the others.  As a v-tech, it is easier for me to know
when to help OTHER peoples pets over to the bridge, but I am BLIND to my
own pets.  I think she still has quality in her life..she has not lost that
spark in her eyes.  I figure when she can no longer eat or poop that her
quality of life is no more..I hope that time does not come for a long
time...

June