From:
Richard and Katherine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 1998 19:54:53 -0400
I keep reading posts about people's difficulty in giving their babies
medication so I thought I would pass on what's worked for me.  Take a teeny,
weeny bowl.  If you're giving a pill, crush it to smithereens in the bowl.
If it's liquid, just squirt it into the bowl.  Then, add a dollop of
NutriCal, Laxatone, etc.  (whatever their favorite treat is).  Barely cover
with water (you don't want them to get full before they drink all of it) and
stick in the microwave for 8-10 seconds.  Stir, stir, stir with your finger
(very sanitary, I know).  This mixes it all and also helps make sure it
cools enough so they won't burn their little tongues.  Add a little cool
water, if necessary.  Mine will lap it up!  It has worked many times for me.
It works with very bitter tasting stuff...the NutriCal covers up the taste.

One little caveat...my Lily now MUST have her NutriCal, etc. administered
in this way every single, solitary time (hence the nickname Princess Lily).
Everyone else takes it off of my finger.  She also has to take it on the
kitchen counter or everyone else tries to steal it from her even though
they've already had theirs!!

Maybe this will work for some of you.  BTW, my vet has assured me that the
heating does not break down the medicinal value.

Katharine
Lily, Lany, Blaze, and Champ