From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 13:05:07 EDT
Hi, I've heard of people putting their ferrets in empty bathtubs to feed
them mice.  Then its an easy clean up.  Makes sense to me, ya know?  I'd
not show your other animals the mice.  I'd go from the car with them in
the box (which can also be in a bag) to the bathroom, then close the
door, then go get your ferrets to feed.  Don't open the door til they are
done and you are done cleaning up.  Because there is really not a reason
for them to have anything like that, and it can truly get expensive.

There are much easier options for meat and protein sources for ferrets
though.  Bugs such as crickets have high protein, are cheaper, and has no
real clean up.  If you don't want to do live food, you can get chicken.
That would be the easiest, cleanest cheapest thing to do.  If you want
the bones and all that like you would have with mice, well then just make
Bob C's chicken gravey. :D

I'm confused about one thing.  In nature theses groups of animals are
obligate carnivores and eat no carbs.  In other countries, they feed them
more meat than we do.  Yet, I've heard nothing but warnings about how
food (like Zupreme which we love) with high protein content can hurt a
ferrets kidneys when they are adults and are seniors.

Maybe someone can help clear that up for me?

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on ferret deafness: