From:
Lise O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 18:06:30 -0700
My condolences to those who have recently lost babies (Simon, Sophie
and Angel). The stories nearly made me cry (not an easy feat).

Just had a very frightening experience.  As I have mentioned before, I live
right next door to where I work.  My landlord is my employeer.  I let the
eldest into my house (quietly; dad doesn't like her near the ferts).
Anyway, due to some freak incident, the door to the apt.  didn't shut fully
(the 13 yr old is usually extremely cautious about not leaving doors open),
and the 5 yr old came running up the stairs to tell me one of my ferts was
on his back porch.  I freaked.  I went running down the stairs to my apt.
I couldn't find any of them.  To make a long story short, my Nonnie was
noseying around the back porch; Sully, Domi, Dante, and Staci were roming
in weird places (in the apt.) and Meisha was on her way out.  No harm done
this time.  Now, I just have to sooth a very frightened and shamed (no need
to be shamed) 13 yr old girl who is on the verge of tears.

To the lady who worked at PetSmart and observed and received abuse, *please,
please* inform the proper authorities.  I know it is frightening to do such
a thing, but it must be done to save not only the animals and their humans,
but other PS employees.

Now for ferret flying: My bed is on the floor (to make the room appear
larger) and my dresser top is about 2 ft taller than the bed.  Well, I have
caught at least three of my furries trying to jump from the bed to the
dresser.  One almost succeeded.

I am a bit overdue in thanking a few people.  I will do so within the next
day or so.  I do not have the names in front of me and after the excitement
which just occured, I am lucky to remember my own name.

Lise and the very safe six plus a teary eyed teen.