From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 19:02:38 -0500
Hi all.
It was Chicken Mess Day.  I take the chicken & whack it with a meat cleaver
into manageable chunks.  Then I whack the heck out of the pieces until the
bones are really small pieces & it all looks like it has been already
ground.....or maybe shot gunned.  *s*

So I have this mess in a big bowl ready to be put into the cooking pot.
There is a bird cage in back of the bowl.  Two Lovebirds on it.  I give
them a small dish of seeds.  All my birds are on a diet of pellets
however.... These two can fly even with their wings clipped.  They go in
by the larger birds & terrorize them by biting their feet.  Well the big
guys get mad & bite back at them.  At that time one had already been bitten
on the beak breaking it.  So to keep them away from the others I gave them
a small dish of seeds.  They knocked it down into the chicken.....

I mean into the chicken.  There are seeds, tiny seeds in all of the little
nooks & crevices & crannies & mush that the chicken has now become.  I have
to clean it all under running water & pick seeds out.  I finally get done
with that & the "stuff" is laying on a tray.  Someone goes into my room
where the ferrets are & doesn't shut the gate so it hooks.  A little nose,
two, three of them pole out, seeing they can really be free they dash out.
All of my inside birds are out of their cages.  I panic I am trying to
watch where the furry snakes are going & miss the counter where I was going
to set the tray.  Everything falls on the floor also knocking the bag that
the seeds are in down.  Yes now the "mess" is again coated in seeds.  I
round up speedy ferts & redeposit in bedroom & go back & wash off & pick
out seeds from mess.  Throw it directly into pot.

I then cook all of it.  Then the meat grinder.  Electric but I have only
one "screen" & bones still manage to back up & plug it.  Have to take
everything apart.  The outside part that you screw to hold everything in,
somehow gets too tight so I have to take a lineman's tool & beat on it
until it loosens up.  Then have to take the pick part of the tool to tap on
the part that goes around cause it is pretty stuck to, until it pops out.
Then clean it all out & put it back together & start over.  I have to do
this several times until I finally get done.  Bob have you ever thought of
pre-packaging this darn stuff?  Has anyone?

Troy Lynn thank you ever so much for the very speedy delivery of the nice
pet calendars.  I had procrastinated until I still didn't have a 2000
calendar.  Remembered Troy Lynn was going to have some, sent message to see
if she had any left.  Folks she has over 500 left!  I ordered some as
gifts for friends & relatives, just because.  They are $4.00 plus a small
shipping fee.  They are really nice calendars for the price.  Better than
I thought they'd be.  Why not get one each for your human kids to use as
their very own.  The pet pictures are really sweet.  There are none of
ferrets but hey you can look at your own ferts right?  The proceeds go
for her shelter kids & she has 3 needing surgery.  Buy some!

Lynn
Hug The Fuzz