From:
Another Ferret Mom & Dad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 13:40:03 -0400
Well, "Boy" has found a new, permanent, wonderful, loving home, with one
brother ferret, Bear.  The couple came and Boy took to them, and they took
to him, they were wonderful.  The vet references checked out fine, and I
felt comfortable with them.  Bear, he just wanted to sniff and sniff and
sniff him, so hopefully with their time, patience, and love, Bear and Boy
will be able to live harmonious for a long time.

I know the couple views this FML list, so I would like to thank them.
Thank You Joan and Kevin, thank you.  Please post pictures and do let
everyone know how Boy is doing.  They did mention about changing his
name when he settles in, they mentioned "Baby Boy".  On another note,

Georgie is doing well, he really is for the most part.  He is somewhat a
loner, but then he is use to being an only ferret.  He plays for about 15
minutes with the other 5, then retreats to his own hiding spot to take a
nap.  He does snuggle in the hammock with them, but I don't let him sleep
in there all night as I know Sharkie is still not accepting of him, and I
don't want to be sleeping should something happen between the two of them.
So, Georgie sleeps in his own cage at night, which he seems to like just
fine, and then in the am when we get up, he's standing there ready to come
out and join the others, so if he wants to sleep alone, I'm not going to
force him to be with the others.  In time I think he'll be able to sleep
with them all night, in time.

He goes back and forth with eating.  He'll eat a bit of the totally ferret,
and then not want to eat, but he drinks water, a lot of water.  Well, I
finally got him to accept Gerber chicken baby food, mixed it with some
nutrical paste and he ate about 3 good dabs full, so will continue that
four times a day.  Even though he is drinking water, I am giving him
Pedilyte twice a day, it has good nutrients in it and I think that can
help him.  He's coming along just fine, he's not as "skittish" around us
now, now he keke's and jumps, his true personality is coming out, and I
knew it would take time since he was an only ferret.

I have so many of you to thank, I did via email, but want to say it
publically as so many of you are there with me through the entire
introductions, feeding, and it is much appreciated.  Right now Georgie is
sleeping under the love seat with his favorite stuffed animal, and the
others have just climbed into the hammock to sleep, so it's quiet right
now.  I am borrowing my sisters video cam corder so that I can get them
all on video doing their crazy stunts, and this cam corder has a feature
where you can also take still pictures for on the web/email, so, I will
be getting that from her on Tuesday night, and then you all will see
Georgie, and the other 5 the following day.

Thank you all again, and thank you Joan and Kevin, it was such a pleasure
to have met you, and great that you live so close that you can always
bring "Boy" over to visit.  Please give all your fuzzies a hug from my 6,
and Dooks to all.

Another Ferret Mom & Dad