Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2012 15:42:25 -0700
Started reading a book I found at the library I found by chance just
searching "ferret". It's called "Ferret Island" by Richard W. Jennings.
It's about a teenager who falls off a riverboat and ends up on an
island on the Mississippi River that's inhabited by giant ferrets LOL!

At first you think it's going to be a scary book casting ferrets in a
negative light but oh my gosh it's so funny - and as ferret owners you
MUST read this. Whoever wrote it clearly did their research on ferrets
because everything they say about them is true. Well, 'cept maybe
eating Yorkies if they were as big as Golden Retrievers LOL Even when
the ferrets start getting destructive it's done with humor: "Half an
our later, we pulled into Tim's Diesel, Gas, Showers and Snacks just
outside Russellville, Arkansas to ask questions. To my horror, there
was no one around to ask questions of. The snacks had been ransacked,
the diesel pump was still running, and all that remained of Tim was a
pair of Tony Lama boots standing upright behind the cash register."

When the main character is confronted by a huge, blind albino ferret
and thinking he's about to get attacked:

"Deep inside the cave, I tentatively reached out in the darkness and
scratched the sightless giant ferret behind his saucer-shaped ears.
His fur was incredibly soft - deep, rabbitlike, downy and comforting
like a favorite blanket for years gone by.

"It's okay," I told him. "If you're not mad at me, I'm not mad at you."

"Chi-chi-chi," he said." I'll probably finish it tonight. It's been a
REALLY fun read and definitely recommend!

Laura