From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2001 08:51:44 -0700
Actually it's the barricaid.  Cheyenne can jump and catch the edge, going
over it in a heartbeat.  We've been putting a heavy laminate covered shelf
board on top of the step-over barricaid, and yesterday the shelf fell off,
slamming my toe.  We need a better system, I don't want it falling into
the ferret area.

What are others using to increase their barrier heights?  What we have come
up with but not implimented, is to adhere either floor vinyl or formica
sheets to a piece of styrofoam, so the non-foam substance hangs down over
the stationery barrier on each side.  We don't want to continue using the
shelf as it is very heavy.  I risk dropping it each time I take it down.
Are there better ways to achieve the needed barrier height?

Cheyenne is very long and very light.  I've tried fattening her so she
can't get lift-off but it doesn't work.  She prefers to be a long, lean,
leaping machine!

On another note, Cheyenne and Angel used to be known as the 'Sable Trouble
Twins', they were both black sables with creamy undercoats.  No more!
Angel is now a tawny gold with chocolate points.  And Milo, who was golden
all during winter, is now tan.  Cheyenne's only change is that she is
heavily roaned on her rump and tail.  Welly and Muffet, a pair of sandy's,
never change.  Neugi is shedding his long grey angora fur and getting his
usual short brown summer coat, and Kouri has grown back his pre-adrenal
coat.

Georgia - the left coast one...