From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:15:20 -0700
Lisa...and all...hope this helps

>1. If you have a dog is it an indoor or an outdoor dog?

Mainly indoor dogs..but they do go out when they want.

>2. How many and what kind of dog(s) do you have?

2 German Shepherds.  1 is 13 years old and the other is 4 years old.

>3. Do you let the dog(s) and the ferret(s) socialize together?

Yes

>4. If you said that you do let them socialize together under
>supervision, then how do you apply this supervision?

The only supervision that we really do is to tell the younger dog to be
gentle (she loves to play with them...did it with our cat too).  With the
older dog we just have to make sure she doesn't lay on them.  She has
bone cancer and doesn't always care where she lays down.

>5. Were the ferrets introduced when the dog was still a puppy?

Nope.  We introduced the ferrets to them just over a year ago to them.
No problems.  No the ferrets use the dogs to get up on things.  Spice
will use the older dog as she walks by to jump from the couch to wherever
it is that she NEEDS to be and can't get to.

>6. Have you had any bad experiences with having dogs and ferrets?

Nope.  We have been blessed so far.  Shoot...even our cat helps with
the ferrets.  If we lock on in the pantry (which they LOVE) or the
bathroom... the cat will sit and stair at the door until we let the
ferret out.

Joanne
7 Personal ferrets
6 Shelter ferrets