From:
Debra Sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2007 09:01:41 -0500
First I would like to say that all my kids have Santas. Kiwi & Wingnut
have recieved their gifts, Woolie, Jason and Slinky Dude will be
recieving their Xmas gifts ON Xmas as I will be picking them up.

Now for the matter at hand, IF you know of a ferret rescue/shelter
who's kids haven't been picked or even haven't gotton on the trees
yet then do something about it.

I talked my friend into putting her 14 kids from a 41 ferret rescue she
did in 2006 on the tree this year. She was in tears the begining of
this week as none of her kids have made it on the tree yet. I felt so
bad for her as it was my idea to put them on there in the first place.

Since I run a rescue myself, I don't have a lot of money lying around.
I called a friend of mine who makes bedding and she offered me a great
deal on some left over hammocks (which my friend realy needs) from a
show so my friend's kids WILL have Xmas presents this year.

My point is, if you know of a rescue/shelter who's kids don't have
Santas or that they haven't made it on the tree yet, DO something about
it instead of complaining about it. Talk to your friends and adopt
a ferret from the tree or even a rescue/shelter from the tree and
everyone purchase or MAKE at least one item, put them in a box and
mail them out to that rescue/shelter.

If there is a group of ferrets on the tree that belong to a specific
rescue/shelter and they all need hammocks, purchase or make one for
that can accomodate atleast 2-3 ferrets so it can be a group gift. Even
if it is a gift card sent to the rescue/shelter, every bit helps and is
aprieciated.

EVERYONE needs to remember that this year is an unusual year because of
all the DMK kids on the Giving Tree. Kris Mewton is doing his best to
get everyone posted. He works long hours and has a family of his own.
In otherwards, PUT UP OR SHUT UP. If there are kids that don't have
Santas, then take the time to do something about it, get invovled, get
friends, family and co-workers invovled.

Ok, I'm getting off of my box now, flame me if you must, but PRIVATELY
please, NOT on the FML.

Oh, BTW, HAPPY "20th" BIG and the FML!

Debi Fuzzy Loving Ferrets Rescue & Ferretry

www.freewebs.com/fuzzyloving
LOSN Senoir Specialty & Championship Ferret Judge