From:
John & Sandy Lazdins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 11:38:17 +1000
>publish the first known water and land speeds of the domesticated ferret.
>The Aussies have lamented the fact that were not metric, as is the rest of
>the world, and have requested a metric formula for converting the time in
>seconds to kilometers per hour....
>The Aussies didn't say if they'd be racing metric ferrets, so . . . . ?
>Edward Frettchenvergnuegen Lipinski,  Der Frettchenlustbarkeitsfuerher !

Sorry Edward,

The South Australian land speed record for a ferret is 12.7 sec for a 60ft.
That was through 90mm stormwater pipe (for some obscure reason the
stormwater pipe is still in 20 foot lengths) and they must have their whole
body including their tail out.  Although you may still record the first
water speed record.

But then our summer is coming up and if it ends up being anything like last
week 35deg C. mine mightn't stay out of the water. Then again if it is like
yesterday 11 deg C and 4inches of rain in 18 hours they might set a water
record as well. Who knows with this Spring whether.

Sandy