From:
Angie Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:30:50 -0600
I am writing this with a very heavy heart.  Cleo went to the bridge
yesterday (Sunday).  I posted last week and told everyone about her
condition.  Thank you all for your kind words, by the way.  I got lots of
e-mails suggesting that she may have Insulinoma.  I got some Prednisone
from the vet and I brought it home on Saturday.  When I got her out of
her cage, she couldn't even pick up her head.  Her mouth was clenched
tightly shut, but I got the pred in the best I could.  I found her the
next morning.  The only comfort I have is that I don't think she suffered
in the end.  She was basically in a coma.

Now my other ferret, Mocha, is alone for the first time in her life.
It's got to be so hard on her!  I am not trying to replace Cleo by any
means, but I think I'm going to start looking for a buddy for Mocha
right away.  I just hate to see her all curled up in her hammock all by
herself!  Anyway, thanks everyone for your prayers!