From:
Amanda Riddlebaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 May 2011 20:36:23 -0400
Hello FMLers.

This is Amanda, the one who had the problems with the EVO.

I switched to EVO since it and a few other brands were recommended by
my vet. Before EVO I was feeding Kaytee Forti Diet. My vet said I was
wasting my money on that food and that it was no good for my ferrets.
After doing some research I found that he was right.

I did my switch in about 6 weeks, gradually adding more EVO to the mix
until it was all EVO. My first ferret started having problems almost
immediately after adding the EVO. He had watery stools that smelled
awful. So I took him and a fecal sample to the vet. He ended up getting
on antibiotics because there was "too many active bacteria" in the
intestine.

My second ferret was fine until the mix was all EVO. I thought she was
eating both EVO and Kaytee kibbles but turns out she was just picking
out the kibbles of the Kaytee, her old food. She also began to show
signs of watery stool. Everyone said watery stools were normal though
and would go away if I waited. So I did. I waited about 3 months and
instead of getting better the stools were getting worse and worse to
the point that it was just diarrhea. At that point I decided to take
her to the vet before matters got any worse. She had the same problem
as the first and was put on antibiotics.

They are fine now, regular stools, beautiful coats, and plenty of
energy. They are still eating EVO since I had bought so many bags of
it. I think I will continue with this food but maybe add Zupreem or
something else to the mix as well. I do not refrigerate the food but
the bags I bought are nowhere near the expiration dates. The food also
looks and smells normal. I usually buy it from Ferret.com. I'm happy
with the product but I just wish I would have known I would be paying
around $200 in vet bills before I bought the food.