Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 21:18:44 -0600
I was at the pet store in the mall <shudder> today to check on their
ferrets.  They had just gotten a shipment of adorable kits (and although I
was tempted, I'm not sure how Dervish would like a little sibling without
me consulting her!!), and so I sat for a while and petted them.  Numerous
people came by to look and I got a chance to give out some *truthful*
information about ferrets and ferret care.

One teenage girl came over and wrinkled her nose.  "Jeez, they sure do
*smell*!" she said.

I refrained from commenting on the gallon of perfume she had on, and
managed to keep my mouth shut about the smell of cigarette smoke that
wafted from her clothes.  :-D

(I just told her that so many little kits kept in a small space would have
their odor amplified, and that pet ferrets usually don't smell as strongly
at all.)

-(TX) Meghan and SuperPooka Dervish the WonderFerret ("Stop making up
 nicknames for me after watching Jimmy Stewart movies!")