From:
Aarrow-Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2012 09:06:04 -0400
For sure Jeep has found a secret stanch of miracle grow and has eaten
the whole thing! Next door is a German Shepherd dog that is 5 years old
and jeep at only 4 months out weighs that dog 2 : 1. But for sure he
doesn't like the 'J' feeder. Jeep does not like putting his head down
into the bottom of the 'J' and he constantly chews the edges trying to
erode that down.

The 'J' feeder is very well designed and engineered and is extremely
durable. I have several from The Ferret Store and every ferret has
used them, until Jeep. There is always one!

I did have to put an screen on the fill end to stop the ferrets from
eating all the kibble and then sneaking up the tube to get out but that
was a very simple task. Then Jeep figured out how to get that unit off
the side of the cage leaving a gaping hole to escape thru! But a simple
close pin on the cage stopped Jeep from lifting the feeder up to fall
off so that was easily fixed. Now I need to get some of that slow grow
kibble to slow down this rampant growth of Jeep! Jeep was a tiny kit
when I got him weighing far less than a pound. Now only 2 months after
I got him and at only 4 months old picking him up is like grabbing a
hold of an old tom cat! There is no question he is feeding well.

I clean his cage daily and take all the poop out to dump on the lawn.
People walking by ask me what kind of dog I have after looking at the
load of poop I dump. If this keeps up we can use this as a foundation
for a road from Newport News to Portugal which could be in place by
September this year. I will call that the Poop hiway.

Having a ferret is always a chore but more so it is joy of learning.
Every one of my fuzz balls have taught me an abundance of fun things.
Jeep dooks allot when I let him out doing his war dance but he does
not offer kisses like Pest R Doodle did. I miss all that. But I miss
the fun things all the ferrets offered me. Each one was special in
its own way. Ya have to love a ferret!

Gordon and Jeep

Aarrow-Ranch Aviation
J. Gordon Bengtson CEO