From:
James - SBC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 23:14:32 -0500
I got news today from our vet about the lab tests.  It appears that our
little buddy had Lymphoma through out his little intestines.  In some
ways it was a relief just to know that I had done all that I could have
done.  We are currently trying to learn all we can, but from what we know
so far is that it has many of the same symptoms as other diseases, there
is no reliable test, and it can progress a long way before detected.  We
are getting most of this info from Ferrets for Dummies so if there is any
more up to date info that you all know about, we would be interested in
hearing it.

Thank you all for sending your condolences, prayers and thoughts.  There
are just too many of you to thank personally.  I was touched to tears
seeing that so many of you hear and understand.

So, we are removing all the things that remind us of the bad times and
reintroducing the things that remind us of the happy times we had.  So
I'd like to share some of the things that set Jako apart.  We got him and
Bebe at the same time, at about 8-9 months old.  Jako was never much for
being held, be he loved to be played with.  When we let them out to play,
he would run as fast as he could to the other side of the room.  If you
did not chase him, he would sneak attack your legs to let you know you
should.  He was the master of hide and seek, often tagging one of us and
running away to hide.  He also loved the escape.  If we had them confined
to a room, we would wait till we went near the door and as soon as he
heard the door knob, he was running straight for it.  He would then
zigzag around to avoid capture.  He did not often steal things in his
mouth.  Instead, he would get his front paws over the object and scoot it
backwards underneath himself.  When they would run around in the bedroom,
if I tried to read, he would crawl up on the book to see if it was any
good.  Usually it was not as good as play time, so he would push the book
out of my hands.  Jako had so much character, he will truly be missed.

James, Melissa & Kassidy

Loving:  Bebe, Riley
Missing:  Wheezer, Pym, Rikki, Jako