From:
"Bostrom, Michael A" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 11:25:42 -0800
Howdy all,

Wow, there's alot of ingenious people out there.  My post asking about those
little clip thingies that hang up hammocks generated lots of responses.  I
found out that those little clip thingies are called "lanyard hooks" and can
be found at most craft stores in the jewelry section.  I got gold ones for
my hammocks.  Nothing but the best for my weezils.  Alot of people sent
their designs and ideas for hammocks.  They were all excellent.  Ferret
people have got to be one of the smartest groups around.  My hammocks are
made from old T-shirts.  I just cut the bottom off to make it the right
size, put grommets in each corner, and then hang the sucker up(once I found
a supply of those little clip thingies).  I like this design because 1) the
weezils can use it as a hammock by sleeping on top, a playhouse by sleeping
inside, and a tunnel by crawling through the sleeves, 2) I can make them
with cool logos or pictures, and 3) NO SEWING(being a single guy living
alone, this is a huge benefit).

All these ingenious ideas got me curious.  How many other ingenious people
and ideas are out there?  Why don't you all post with your money-saving,
time-saving, or weezil-defying ideas, big or small.  I'm sure everyone would
like to hear them.  For example, I've found that a garbage can with a lid is
a must, but my weezils can push it over if it's not almost full.  The
answer: Put heavy stuff in the bottom of the can before you put the sack in.
Something like a small sand bag, a brick, or a bunch of rocks.  This makes
the can heavy enough so my weezils can't push it over even when it's empty.
I want to see your ideas on cages, ferret-proofing, toys, or anything else
ingeniously ferret-related.  I know there's plenty of them out there.  After
all, you know the old saying "Ferrets are the mother of invention", right?

Mikey B and The Weezils of Doom

"I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and
give the wrong answers."