From:
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 1996 17:38:38 -0700
>From:    "Scott B. Maitland" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Another passing and Question
>Finally, do people think it would be a service to try to compile a database
>containing this information (EG age at diagnosis, age at death, type of
>cancer, etc)?  Seems we might be able to provide a good resource, even if
>only in a descriptive sense, that might help us understand ferrets better.

I have volunteered to do such myself.  This is another good idea lost in
political wars.  Seems if you are friendly with one ferret group you aren't
allowed to be friendly with any other.  I still am working this up with data
from my onw ferrets.  I will gladly add information from anyone else and
make it freely available.  A problem will be if folks think it will be used
politically (i.e. this breeder's ferrets live longer than that breeder's) I
doubt we can expect full co-operation.  I no longer have any optimism that
the current ferret groups will ever get along.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]