From:
Lisa Galarneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2012 05:31:25 -0700
Pie O' Pah, Bridge greeters,

Our precious Reggie left us last evening - he will be missed by so
many! He slipped away from us like he did everything, gently and
without a fuss. I came home from work, fed him some soup and ferretone,
cuddled him a bit and promised him softly that I would make the pain
stop, that soon, so very soon he could run and play again without
hurting. I tucked him into bed and promised I would be home soon just
one more job to do..... He slipped away quietly before I made it home
again - I did not get to hold him or whisper a last goodbye so please
tell him I'm sorry I wasn't there. I hope he wasn't too frightened or
lost.

You'll know him when you see him - he's a gorgeous fuzzy light sable
with soft, soft fur and a sweet face. When he moves at any faster than
a walk he has an adorable little extra lift of his hindquarters that
makes him look almost like he is skipping. He'll probably stop along
the way to speak to any other souls he meets - he loves everyone and
always seem to assume that he would be loved in return ( I like to
think he was right more often than not.)

Reggie is survived by his foster siblings, Liberty, Margaret, Koda,
Moog and Kiwi. He will also be deeply missed by his foster Mom, his
weekend play date Mom (really he was that lovable he had a second home
for weekend getaways where he was spoiled outrageously) and by the
residents of the local nursing home whom he visited, cuddled with and
graciously accepted Bandit treats from on pet visit days.

Please make sure he finds Frank and Bobbie - they arrived at the
bridge not so terribly long ago and Reggie had looked out for Bobbie
in particular in her last weeks. He was her favourite furry body to
snuggle up with and I'm sure she has some special ferret kisses waiting
for him. Introduce him to Toby - they never met this side of the bridge
but they can swap tales of working in the senior home - there aren't
many ferrets who can handle the job but these boys were stars at it!
Please also help him find Rufus who was a lifelong pal; circumstances
and illness separated them in their last years and though Reggie got
along with everyone I'd like to know he's found his special friend
again.