Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 2009 17:02:05 -0900
MOM NOTE: You may remember that Duncan and Isadora were a pair rescued
from the DMK farm. He also was a horrible biter who stopped biting when
we cleared up his ear infection. In May 2008 he survived our car wreck
and had some contusions around his heart and lungs. Duncan is a special
boy who comes to me and just stands there waiting for me to pick him
up. He kisses me and then wants down. He LOVES his Rikki-Tikki snakes.

Thursday I came home from work to find a package by the door. Return
address: Cascade Ferret Network. I know what THAT is! I took it in the
house and set it on the couch, waiting for the right moment. I went to
the ferret room and picked up the toys again. Sure enough, there were
the two snakes still on the cardboard hiding in the pile of snakes in
the corner of the closet.

It was too late to deal with them, so I put them on my Saturday task
list. Saturday arrived. I rotated the ferrets, moving Isadora and
Duncan to the main area of the house. I opened the box and set it on
the floor in the afternoon. I removed the lovely magnet and put that
on my refrigerator. I watched Duncan approach the box. He sniffed,
climbed up on it and tentatively took a snake in his mouth. He took
it and stored it under the couch. He did it again. Over and over and
over again.

I fell asleep and when I woke up, the box was about half full. No
Duncan either. He must have given up, I figured. So, I went to bed.
This morning I walked into the living room and there on the floor was
an empty box! He removed every last snake! There were a few tails
poking out from under the couch. All day I have been gathering some
and putting them back in the box. He takes them out. I turned over
the couch and removed all the snakes and they are back in the box.

Thank you, again. He has had so much fun with these snakes. I think we
will last a while. If any survive, in years to come, we can pass them
on. Will try to get some pics to whomever wants them, but it was pretty
boring photography wise. You had to be here.

--
Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we