From:
Jen Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:32:51 -0400
Hi everyone,

We are happy to announce that the calendar of ferret related events is
finally complete!  You can check out the site at
http://www.hideyhole.org/

The list of events is quite small at this point (only 1), but that is why
we made it so that visitors to the site can add new ones.  You must become
a member (free & very simple) to add and edit your events.  You need to be
logged in to add new events or make changes to events that you've already
submitted.  Once you are logged in, an edit button will appear next to
each event that was submitted by you when you are viewing the calendar
page.

You don't need to become a member to simply view the calendar page.

There is a fairly simple WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) available
for you to add in depth details about the event.  For example, if you have
a show packet that you'd like to include, you can use the editor to format
it the way you'd like.  This makes it possible for you to have your packet
(or whatever you choose to include) display properly in HTML.  Otherwise
it would look quite terrible because it would just be 1 very long line of
plain text.

For those of you that are not using Internet Explorer as your web browser,
if you want to have in depth details (like a show packet), you'll need to
send it to us by email at [log in to unmask] .  You can still
enter the general details (Who, What, When, Where etc) about the event,
but the HTML editor will not work unless you are using Internet Explorer.
We have tried very hard to overcome this problem, but to no avail.  The
process for making Netscape Communicator work correctly with the editor
is difficult, and would probably be much more hassle than anyone would
want to go through.  So, simply send us your details page, and we will
gladly enter it for you.

Also, if you'd just rather not use the editor for some other reason, you
can send them to us by email as well.  I think you should at least give
it a try though if you have Internet Explorer, because it is really quite
simple, and then you can be sure that everything looks just how you want
it to.  It's very much like using Microsoft Word, or an equivalent word
processor.  You just have a toolbar for formatting your text.  It takes
care of all the HTML.

So, check out The Hidey Hole at http://www.hideyhole.org/

If you have any problems, questions or comments feel free to email us at

 Happy Dookin'
 Jen, Mike & the Furkids
 Loki, Fria, Jamocha, Duke & Vivi