From:
Pamela K Barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 09:22:29 -0700
We have a sick kid.  Ernie (4.5y, male, sable) seems to be loosing hair on
his tail but not all the way around.  It is in two strips about an inch
long on each side.  He also has fits sometimes where he salivates and
scratches at the roof of his mouth as well as rubbing his paws together
(he doesn't vomit).  I took him to the vet today and since I forgot to not
let him eat for ten hours we have to do the blood work tomorrow.  She
seems to have experience with ferrets but not a whole lot.  She wants to
do blood work first to see about insulinoma and adrenal disease but I
thought that the only way to really be sure about each were exploratory
surgery.  She said that it was too invasive first off.  I guess I would
like a few opinions on this as well as if someone in AZ knows of a vet who
has had experience in doing adrenalectomies if it comes to that.  YES, I
have the list of vets in AZ from Pam but it does not state what they have
experience in.  Perhaps a referral from someone in central to southern AZ
(not really Tucson since it's a 4 hour drive from Flag).  There weren't any
vets from Flagstaff on the list.  Thanks in advance.

Pamela K. Barber
Flagstaff, Arizona