From:
John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:21:53 -0600
I've owned three 'Real Canadian Ferrets' and I haven't found them to
have problems with temperament at all. On the contrary, they've been
very sweet and affectionate. Just look at Tommy and Pandora here:

http://www2.cs.uregina.ca/~rosloot/ferrets/party10/img_2516.jpg
http://www2.cs.uregina.ca/~rosloot/ferrets/party10/img_2517.jpg

Mind you, they aren't at all sweet with strange ferrets. Pandora
will kick any interloper's butt, even if they're twice her size.
But perfectly sweet with people.

I think Tommy actually picked up his bad habit from Pandora.

My other RCF ferret was Buster, Pandora's brother. But he died at 9
months of juvenile lymphoma. So much for breeding for health; Tommy's
also had more than his share of problems. Pandora thankfully has been
healthy except for recent insulinoma; she turned 7 in May.

Maybe I've just been lucky with temperament and unlucky with health;
three ferrets isn't much to go on.

--
John Rosloot, Caregiver to Pandora and Tommy
With loving memories of my Big Buster Boy