From:
Ferret Rescue of Tidewater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 22:26:01 -0400
Hi all!

Well, I read the post in regards to coccidia.  Albon is an excellent
treatment for it, although it takes a full two weeks of medication to be rid
of this disease.  If I remember correctly, coccidia is a parasite which
lives in the intestinal tract and prevents proper absorbsion of food.  I
also remember it as being very transmittable, since I had to medicate 10
ferrets(the balance of ferrets in my house at that time) all because of a
kit that was rescued!  Albon is also a great substitue for super-glue <g>.
Seriously, though, you will see ups & downs with their poo until the
parasite is eradicated, and you should start to see some definite
improvements in two-three more days.

As far as the rabies/testing is concern, BAH HUMBUG on all those
non-believers of rabies vaccines!  It seems as though it is time for all
ferret lovers to break out their address books and write to everyone they
can think of and provide all the info about rabies/testing/ferrets that they
can.  I want to thank Dick Bossart and Troy Lynn Eckart for their most
valuable information helping me with fighting the city of Va Beach.  I
haven't gotten off my dead butt yet to call you guys in person, but I have
written 6 letters already to my local government in regards to the testing
of the four ferrets here.  I'm not sure that I am ready to fight the state,
but I'm raring to go against the city.  If anyone lives in or around Va
Beach, and they want to help me, please email me back.  I'm still
force-feeding two ferrets (dag nabit, everytime I think they're getting
better, they backslide)so I'm constantly on the road to/from the vet, but I
do check my mail daily.  Please help!

Lisa and the true kingdom of madness:
Sasha, Jezebel, Bandit, Rascal, Misha, Bruiser, Pele, Yod He Vawhe, Dijon,
Hope, Nico, Olufsen, Marten,Tigger, Trella (and soon to be returning,
Al-Bino!)