Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 14:17:03 -0600
Howdy, Y'all!  Pharaoh is still doing well after his hair ball surgery but
now I'm concerned with Booger.  Boog has had an enlarged spleen since he
was a kit and recently I took him in for the vet to check and it was ok
(still enlarged though).  But his poo isn't looking big and fluffy.

I've been giving him hair ball remedy but nothing has changed.  Anyway,
someone posted that there was fur in their kids poo after hair ball
treatment.  I've never seen hair in any of my guys poo.  None of them have
ever shown signs of blockage except for vomiting occasionally (Pharaoh).
They all eat and drink well and act ok.  So, I'm wondering might all of my
guys have hair balls?  How long is too long to wait to have surgery if it
is necessary?  (I'm broke after Pharaoh's surgery) I don't want to put
Boog's life in jeopardy (I'm taking him to the vet saturday) but I don't
want him to have surgery if I can help it.

Cage pan liner: I use vinyl flooring.  I went to Sears and ordered a 3x6
foot piece of flooring.  I cut it to size and used duct tape to secure it
(though, it wasn't really necessary).  I don't know how well it lasts since
I keep a door mat (cloth, tightly knit short loops) on the bottom that is
exposed so they have something fun to dig at.  I replace the mat when it
gets too torn up to be safe.

Science project: You might want to do a conditioned response experiment.
Train them to come or do a trick.  Inadvertently I trained mine to come
to me when I sit on the floor.  I would sit on the floor, shake a bag of
raisins and they would come running.  Now all I have to do is sit on the
floor and they come running and looking around for raisins.

Dooks to all,
Laura, Tavi, Booger, Jasper, Pharaoh and Vex