From:
Laurie Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 1996 09:15:00 EST
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help with the problem my Tinker is having.
Last saturday evening, my 6 month old MF male choked and threw up 3 to 4
peices of what appears to be an old banana peel, and the day after pooped
some out.  Every since that incident he hasn't been unable to keep down any
whole food.  I have been feeding him a purreed (sp?) mix of sustical
vanilla, Totally Ferret, Marshalls, Iams Kitten, and Kaytee food, pepto(tiny
piece), pedialyte, Ferretvite, Ferretone, and have pedialyte for his water.
He hasn't lost any weight and is just about as active as usaual, and is
pooping ok.  I'm also giving petromalt.  My regular vet wasn't in when I
called, but the one I talked to said keep up what I'm doing, and if he isn't
better by mid-week to come in and they'll do the xray for blockage.  (unless
he stops eating of couse)

Can I do anything other than what I am doing to get this blockage to pass?
Do the symtoms sound right for blockage, or could the peel looking like
thing been something else?  (It looked like beef jerky too, rolled up) I
really thought I was careful about things being picked up and taken care of
properly, and never expected to have anything go wrong so quickly.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Laurie, Tinker & Koty