From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 23:52:59 -0600
Hi Ya'll,

Well, you just shoulda been here.  What a sight!  It was just so much fun!!
It will be done again, it is required!!

Sara and Kurt Petersen, who run a ferret shelter in St.  Louis, decided to
visit me today.  Little did I realize that having them as company would also
mean hosting 24 extra ferrets and a 85lb dog who suffers from an identity
crisis (she thinks she is a ferret).

It was so much fun to have close to 40 ferrets running loose in the house at
the same time!  It was also amazing to me that we did not have any major
tussles, just a few cuss words here and there.  And the ferrets were good
also!!  ;-)

Kurt got pictures of the two bottom drawers of the ferret dresser full to
brim of ferrets.  There was much dancing and cavorting about, and poor
Winter (the dog) kept bouncing around and chasing the teaser toys to get in
on the action.

I got ferret kissies from known non-kissers, and got chased by some very
cute babies.  And of course, my dear little Luna(tic) came for a visit also.
She is a little hellion woman, much like all the women of this household.

Sara and Kurt are very good folks and a lot of fun.  They brought me Mexican
food and we also went out for pizza at Shakespeare's.  I enjoyed myself even
if I had to walk out of the restaurant with wet pants due to no one noticing
the spilt drink in the booth.  Sigh.  Of course, I have had much worse
things on me, so I guess I will live.  hehe.

If you need a ferret and are in the St. Louis area, let them know.  They
have some real cuties up for adoption.  They understand a lot about ferrets
and take really great care of them.

Mo' Maggie Mae, with the Multitudinous Musteladae