From:
Chere Mccoy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 1992 21:12:16 -0400
ANGELA AND MIAMI FERRETS FOUND SAFE AND SOUND DESPITE ANDREW.

We spoke at length with Angela Espinet at approximately 7:00PM EST this
evening (8/31/92).  Ferrets which had to be left were found on Tuesday
(after hurrican hit monday) still in cages and in good condition (although
somewhat excited).  All ferrets have been moved to alternate location
with Angela.  As of this time 9:00PM we will be evacuating 11 ferrets
from Angela's area in the next 2 or three days (possibly more - Angela
making list tonight).  Ferrets as follows = Four 3 /12 month old Female
Albino's Not spayed and tough to handle (nippers).  Three Albino females
one year old, spayed but not descented.  One pair of male and female 1 1/2
years old.  One Male one and 1/2 year old.  All listed ferrets medical
condition unknown at this time.  As of tonight this is the listing -
listing may change tomorrow.  As for Angela and family.  Angela and family
in good health, home and shelter completely destroyed.  Angela left
message at her address for The Miami Ferret Club Members it included her
temporary phone number - needless to say Angela has had phone calls.
However Angela informs us much of Miami still without phone service,
power and many homeless.  and she knows members are trying to get in
touch.  We will keep all of you notified of information we receive from
Angela as it comes in - we expect to be receiving quite a bit more
information on Angela, Ferrets and Miami members - will keep you updated
as soon as we receive any and all information.

Signed
Chere McCoy, President, Ferret Friends of Indian River County.