From:
Jason and Holly Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 11:28:22 -0500
yesterday we went to the petstore to pick up some ferret food and while
we were there we decided to look and see if they had any ferrets.  i was
expecting to see some kits because this store always seems to have some.
well...no kits but there was a 4 year old male laying in a glass enclosure
(it wasn't an aquarium but it's close enough i guess) on wood shavings.
he just looked so sad.  i wasn't sure if he was sick or if he was just
depressed (he never once got up, but he seemed to like to be petted).  i'm
thinking it could've been a little bit of both.  i noticed that his stools
were soft and sort of a yellowish-brown.  and being the big mouth i was i
asked the pet store owner about him.  he didn't really say much, just that
they were selling him for $75 because he was older and people wouldn't get
as much mileage out of him.  he did say that he was a really sweet ferret
and i like to think that every ferret is sweet so there weren't any
objections there!  anyways, my point in writing the FML was that as much as
i want to, i just can't afford to save this little boy (he's really not all
that little--i'm guessing him at 3 lbs.).  but if there's somebody in the
Midland, MI area that would like a ferret i suggest they go to Pet World on
Eastman Avenue.  from what i could tell he wasn't from MF (no tattoos).
he looked like a sable or a black sable to me, but i could be wrong.  he
looked like he had been fed well and his coat looked good.  keep in mind i
didn't pick him up though.  if he was sick i didn't want to upset him
anymore.  i have a feeling he's been through quite a few homes considering
he's in a pet store now.  but i had to write and tell you guys because it
just broke up heart to see him there.

now...more about this pet store.  don't flame me for going to this pet
store because let me tell ya...every one of them here is the same way (or
close to it).  ok, well we walk in there and they had the door to the store
open (not a real big deal) until you walk in to where the animals are and
there's like tons of flies everywhere.  they had fly strips up but they
were already coated with flies.  just made me sick.  if dweezil and opie
hadn't needed food so bad i would've suggested we go somewhere else.
needless to say after i came home and scrubbed my hands i kissed my little
furrfaces and told them how glad i was to have them.  ok, now on a lighter
note... does anybody know of any ferret shows in the tri-city area in MI
(bay city, saginaw, midland), and what the admission rates are?

thanx a lot,
holly

dweezil--"hey mom can i have another froot loop?!  and another...?!  and
another...?!"
opie--"mom...i'm stuck in the blanket again...HELP!!"