From:
Gary M Sadger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 1997 13:51:50 -0400
It appears that my letter of 9 May 97 raised alot of eyebrows.  I am glad
because now maybe there are alot more people out there who are upset enough
to get off their duffs and fight to get the ferret laws in Michigan changed!
As for my statements in my previous letter, I was fully aware of what Mr.
Jacobs was trying to accomplish and I do believe I mentioned my interest in
educating the public about ferrets.  I also know that Mr. Jacob's intentions
were goodddddddddd and I commend him for that.  I just didn't feel
comfortable with to what extent the "PUBLIC" WAS CONTROLLED AND INFORMED OF
THE LAWS, during the day that Mr. Jacobs and his ferts were visiting the
public.  I guess I should have communicated it clearer for "some people".

Whether or not the incident could have been avoided is really not the issue.
The real issue continues to be Michigan Law and the needless killing of
ferrets.  If in Fact these inhumane laws were well voiced by Mr. Jacobs the
day of KODO's incident ( I don't recall this specifically being stated in
initial FML readings of the incident) , then hopefully KODO's fate be it
"Good or Heartbreaking" will be at the very least an eye opener!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in the State of Michigan, and hopefully the laws can be changed soon!!!!!!!!!

[Moderator's note: I rejected a couple of "bash Gary" posts... I think the
points have been made.  Please don't keep the bad vibes coming... BIG]