From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 1997 11:05:50 -0400
For those of you who may or may not have been following Friday's case since
all this started, here's one o dem update thangs.

Friday's still on 3x/daily feedings of my top seekrit recipe goop (okay, not
really, just too annoyingly long to post) and seems to be doing well on it.
I'm using homeopathic remedies like pau d'arco, cat's claw, and the latest
addition, red clover/oregon grape/burdock.  All three seem not to be harming
her, so I continue with them.  I've pretty much given in and accepted that
I'll be hand-feeding her for the rest of her life.  However, she cooperates
by gobbling up her food; very convenient.  She still does eat regular
kibble, and I'm slowly changing their kibble formula from TF/Iam's
Kitten/Eukanuba to TF/Iam's Natural Lamb & Rice.  I might add Wysong, but
unfortunately, on its trial run it made somebody throw up (Easel, we suspect
her of chicken allergies).

Friday's putting on weight, which I think is great but I'll have my vet
comment one way or the other - must be all the Ensure she gets to convince
her to eat her food.  She plays a lot, has a full coat, is always the first
one awake when I come down to feed them (of COURSE), and bugs me more than
ever now to pay attention to her.  Nothing like being thought of as 'The one
with fooooooood!' to increase a ferret's interest in you.  :)

New game of the day: We have a number of cut-off pants legs for the ferrets
to crawl in and out of.  All of them are denim, and the ferrets seem to
adore these things, so we've got plenty in their room.  I entice them to
crawl in (not hard) and then make rocket noises and drag the leg around on
the floor in a simple figure-8 pattern, couple times around.  Then i grab
the other end of the leg and drag it around from that side a couple more
times.  They LOVE it.  Go bonkers.  If they're calm enough to get out of the
pants leg before they start dooking and war dancing (half of the time
they're not - they start thrashing around inside there and it's pretty
hysterical) they popcorn around the room uncontrollably, then shoot back
into the pants leg for more.  Easel's tail wags uncontrollably all
throughout this game.  Aie!  There's a rattler in them thar jeans!  Note: I
don't think the rocket noises are necessary for the enjoyment of the ferret.

Melissa

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters