"First annewilli:Last" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 00:30:44 -0600
Okay... so I bought a pack of hair scrunchies a couple of weeks ago because
all of mine were starting to come apart.  So into the house comes this new
pack of eight beautiful, jeweled-toned elastic scrunchies.  Matched sets,
you know.  Two ruby, two purple, et cetera, et cetera.  But somehow I
seemed to misplace one of each.  For a week now I've noticed that I
couldn't find any to match.  Strange, I thought.  I know I've been pulling
two out of my braid and tossing them on the coffee table.  How very odd.
And all the innocent little faces agreed with me.  "Yes, Mom.... that is
very odd.  We have no idea what could be happening."

So tonight, Joe (the sweetest, most innocent fuzzbutt EVER) sat on the
coffee table encouraging me as I ate a bowl of Apple Jacks.  ( Helper that
he is...)  Anyway, I noticed he kept popping his head into a plastic
grocery bag that's been sitting under a pile of yarn skeins since
Christmas.  (Obviously we don't clean off the coffee table very often.
Except Joe, who tries to clear it with magnificent leaps at least once a
day.  For some reason... hmmmm.... he's left the bag alone.)  So in went
the little head, "La, la, la... I'm not doing anything..." out came the
little head, "Dum-de-dum, nothing of worth in here... ", In went the head,
"No, sirree... not a thing in here at all!".  And so it went.  Finally, I
reached in and rummaged a bit.  Amazingly enough, there was a scrunchie!
Not only one scrunchie though, but NINE scrunchies!  In beautiful
jewel-tone colors even.  Joe, of course, was watching while I made this
discovery.  Totally unfazed by it all, he waited until I was done and then
very methodically put them back.  One by one they were gently placed back
inside their home.  Silly me... what was I thinking?  Of course hair
scrunchies live in the plastic bag under the yarn on the coffee table.
Where else would they live?  Certainly NOT in the bathroom with the
hairbrushes.  Good heavens!  Good thing for me I have such a sweet,
organized fuzzie as Joe to help me out.  Whatever would we do without the
kids?

Wessi
Tas, Miesa, and, of course, Joe