From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2014 22:29:05 -0500
Dear Melanee,

As I sat on my front porch enjoying the view, and yes we have snow here
too, I could see tons of fur kids bob-sledding their fuzzy hearts out.
Then I saw a small fuzzy girl running up to me with a scroll cylinder
sling on her back, and as she got closer I was able to see that her
face seemed different somehow. Then I saw her face close up and
realized that she had only half of a mask, and had to wonder what
exactly was her story.

When she reached the front step, I told her she could slow down now,
that she was more then welcome to sit and catch her breath, but then
she flopped down and said one single word, "Oy!"

To which I answer "Vey ist mir"

To which she said, "No, just Oy!, I have his scroll here with me!",
and she handed me the cylinder.

To which I apologized for misunderstanding her, and told her to sit,
catch her breath, and that I would indeed read the scroll, but wanted
to know her story first.

She told me she came to live with you guys in 2004 and that the lady
who had surrendered her told you that she was a bad biter, she even had
gone as far as to say she was vicious.

"Imagine that," Brody said, "me being called vicious?" I tried to see
it, and failed, what can I say, it was the half-mask that convinced me
she wasn't fibbing! She said she loved her mommy very much and loved
being called Brody Toady, and having her tummy tickled while she played
the biting game, but never did she ever bite anyone. Then she also
admitted that she was very much a daddy's girl and absolutely loved
being put down the front of his chamois shirt, which is why she was so
very happy that when she got here, there was a shirt, just like dad's,
for her to cuddle up and sleep in, and she said the best part is it
smells just like home!

I love hearing stories of how fuzzits come into their forever homes, it
always makes me happy to hear them, but happier to see the love that
comes from being in a really good forever home. The other wonderful
thing is that when a fuzzit is getting ready to arrive, all of those
who were family come and gather either at my cottage, or they go
directly to the Bridge, or, and this is my favourite family reunion!
When we meet fuzzits along the way, and each has a story to share, or
a song to sing, or simply walk paw in paw in silence and joy and the
walk to the Bridge.

Oy's! family was met along the way, each carrying with them a firefly
lantern, and all with big smile's on their faces. We met Jet, Snowball
and Spaz, next came Boo Boo and Bosley, on our third stop we were
joined by Pookie, Jake, Nipper, and the ever popular and ever beautiful
Sasha Fierce. When we arrived at the Bridge itself, standing on either
side were Ziggy and Bob Marley - two very awesome fuzzits if ever there
were! And of course, that half-masked cutie Brody Vicious!

Oy! came over the Bridge with that kind of run that always sounds like
ka-thunk ka-thunk, ka-thunk, and it reminded me of my brother Obi as he
runs across any hard surface - sounds like hippo, but is actually all
ferret! And that was your Oy! Running with reckless abandonment into
the waiting arms of his fuzzy family. Everyone was so happy to see
and/or meet Oy! including me!

You have a great business of ferrets Melanee, and they have all
enriched the Rainbow Bridge in every way possible, just as they have
been enriched and empowered by the love you gave them in their earthly
life. Oy! in particular as well as Toady Brody ( and yes all the others
too ) send oodles and oodles of hugs, kisses, gentle bites and all of
their love to you, and want you to know they are all looking over you
and daddy, especially that vicious little Brody!

In Love & In Comfort,
Pie O' Pah