From:
"J. Matthew Saunders" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 13:19:46 -0400
Barb Carlson writes:
>It happens to be red (as is Bumper's favorite bell ball).  Think this makes
>a difference to them?

As I understand it, red is one of the few colours ferrets perceive.  I know
that my ferrets LOVE anything that's red.

I'm a homebrewer and at one point had to borrow a pal's capper (mine went
missing--perhaps the ferts stole it...) This capper is quite large and very
red.  Both Sherlock and P.B.  were caught at one time or another dragging
this contraption toward the couch.

One of Sherlock's favourite toys is a string of red shiney Mardi Gras beads.
He'll play with them for ages on his own and goes completely balistic if
someone shakes them in the air.

Anyhow, I'm pretty sure that red makes a difference to my fur-kids.  I can't
blame them, red's my favourite colour too!

Cheers!
M.

The Arts in Technology--Creative Consulting and Contracting

J. Matthew Saunders (540)951-3090
[log in to unmask]  http://dogstar.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/

"We have to work in the theatre of our own time,
with the tools of our own time" --Robert Edmond Jones