Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:25:40 +0000
Hi Rachel, We have several "oldies" at my house who are adrenal and
have potty problems as well.

After a ferret has had a bout of "the poopies" there is a bit of a
road to recovery which can inhibit them long term.

Generally the loose poopies (that she previously had) strip her
intestinal tract of the "good bacteria" so adding some probiotics would
be helpful.

I would recommend the Innova Evo food
http://www.evopet.com/products/default.asp?panel=in&id=1502
will show you what stores in your area they sell it.
http://www.evopet.com/where-to-buy/
It has 50% protein, 21% fat and the good probiotics are already in the
food.

Another ideas is to purchase the Ferret Probiotics that is sold in a
powdered form and add it to her diet:
<http://www.ferretdepot.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=fd&Product_Code=FS218>
We add a little bit of Libby's 100% Pumpkin to their soup each day. You
can also get Sweet Potato (organic) Baby Food at your local grocery
store as well. Each one is a natural fiber which is ok for ferrets and
will help to firm up her stool.

As you can imagine at a shelter we are always battling the poopies.
Whether it is an older ferret with medical issues, or an abandoned
or surrendered ferret with stress poopies, or post surgical ferrets
transitioning from soup back to kibble.

I actually make a dry "Dook Soup" using most of these ingredients and
would be happy to send you some to help Pukka. We grind up the innova
evo food and add the magic into the soup. We have sent several shelters
across the country samples of our Dry Dook Soup with great results and
as well have begun to list it on eBay.

Please send me your address and I will be happy to send some out to you
and Pukka. The little old naked ferrets are my favorite ones as "fur is
optional" at my house!

Diane Wall
South Shore Ferret Care