From:
Lori Crosland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 14:09:16 EDT
All you ferret owners out there, I beg of you, don't call your ferrets
"Bad".  They are not bad, they are curious.  Ferret proofing is a constant
work in progress.  If you can't ferret proof your home, maybe you can
dedicate an area such as a room or bathroom.  My home can't be ferret
proofed due to reclining chairs and such an open floorplan, so I have given
my 7 ferrets their own room.  Actually it is a ferret emporium as we like
to call it.  It is completely ferret proofed and they have free run and are
happy as can be.  I still have litter box problems and stained carpet's and
walls etc, but that is my job to train them better.  They are not bad.

People who get frustrated wind up donating their ferrets to shelters such
as CJ's 24 carat ferret shelter who wind up living their lives in cages
desparately waiting for adoption that sometime's does not happen.  Please
be patient and love your new babies.  When you buy any animal, you should
consider them your children and treat them like they were.  It is YOUR
idea to purchase them in the first place.  Make a commitment to them.
And please don't give them Up.

Re: CJ's 24 carat ferret shelter.  I will post every day if need be until
I hear from people in Las Vegas, Henderson etc who are willing to adopt.
I will even deliver if need be.  Please help.  Give a ferret (or a pair)
a new chance on life instead of buying a new baby at the pet store.  Call
me at 253-1400 Ext 222 or e-mail me: [log in to unmask] if you can help in
anyway.  I have not heard from one single person yet and I know a lot of
ferret lovers in Las Vegas.  CJ even has cages that can go with the
fuzzies.  They are not real fancy and may need some heavy scrubbing, but
she has sooooo many there just begging for a new home.  Please contact CJ
or myself as soon as possible.

Thanks Again,
Lori Crosland
(Hocus, Pocus, Charm, Magic, Merlin & the new adoptees: Madison and Joey)