Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:35:56 -0600
I just read Suki's post in reference to her arthritic ferrets, and the
ligament problems that were possibly birth defects that someone else had.
I have been intending to bring this subject up earlier, but have
procastinated due to the can of worms I'm sure BIG would not want me to
open.

I will state right up front that I KNOW magnet *therapy* has not been
scientifically proven, but I also have a lot of first hand experiences
with it, and know that it works with many people and animals for many
conditions.  There are special magnetic horse blankets that many people
swear by, and I know of several dog owners that have their older arthritic
pets sleep on maganetic pads...one of my pets(my husband):) is only 36, but
has degenerative arthritis in his hip area.  He was told by a wonderful
orthopedic surgeon that he probably will need a hip replacement by age 50.
Until then, he suggested trying the magnetic mattress pad.... what a
difference!  He no longer needs his arthritic pills!  I won't go into it
here, but if you want some great testimonials of how they have helped us
and others, please e mail me privately.

The point is, we have definately decided to have our golden retriever
sleep on a small magnetic pad when the need arrives...I have recently been
thinking about the possibility of helping Fang (the wood stove monster
ferret) through any future discomforts with a very small magnetic pad
under his blankie.  The magnets not only increase circulation and decrease
swelling, but indirectly warms your body temperature at the same time.

Please don't start a big thing of protest about how it is not
scientifically proven....and I know that it doesn't work for all things
and everybody.  The only proof I needed was witnessing the relief from
pain caused by swelling and stiffness.  Yes, I did go through the Nikken
training, but I do not sell the stuff; I don't enjoy pressure sales, and
just sold them to my friends and family.  Suki, what do you think?  Anybody
else out there who believes in them ever considered them for ferrets in
need?

Happy Magnetic Tails,
lizzi in Colo.