Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 1995 09:21:42 PST
I'm posting the following note sent to me by Gloria Jouppien (with her
blessings of course!), who is the "mom" of  Sable, Whitey, and Tipper the Manx.
It's about some of the interesting things people say you when you're out with
your "kids." I thought the story was kind of special since although ferrets may
not have the same notoriety as search and rescue dogs, seeing-eye dogs,
sled-dogs, or any "working" animal, it does mean that they have not made any
less of a significant contribution to some people's lives. One such story
follows. Thanks Gloria! :)

-kim, mike,
Squirt,   "Whatta you mean I'm getting fat??!? It's relaxed muscle."
and Pippi    "The Thief of Sock-dad"

  Kimberly Burkard          |              _     Everything I needed to know in
  Xerox, Rochester, NY      |       _____C .._.  life I learned from my ferret:
  [log in to unmask]   |  ____/     \___/   Be flexible and go with life's
  [log in to unmask]  | <____/\_---\_\     twists and turns.