From:
"Lindsay A W." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 11:22:56 -0400
Hello everyone!

I recently subscribed to your list.  I have two fuzzies, Kyle and Megan.
They are both sable ferrets.

Someone asked.....

>The PETCO stores in the Seattle area are now selling ferrets.  Is this
>occurring in all areas of the country?

This is occurring in Maryland.  In fact, this is where I bought both of my
ferrets!  They are healthy little critters!  PETCO even lets me bring them
in to play with the kits.  The PETCO near me is also now selling ferret
cages, hammocks, leashes, litter boxes, water bottles, food, litter,
vitamins, shampoo, .  .  .

I also have a question.  Kyle is about 8 months old.  I have been feeding
him as much as he wants since this policy seemed to work for Megan ( I got
her 6 months before Kyle).  Lately, I've been noticing that he is getting a
bit fat!  Kyle is now a little over 4 pounds.  I don't know if I should
moderate his food or let him keep eating.  If I do need to moderate his
food, how do I do this without making Megan suffer?  (they share a cage.)
Any suggestions would be appreciated.