From:
Jenny Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:41:30 -0500
Hi everyone,

I have only been on a few times posting back in July when my Jack
passed. But I would like to say"I enjoy reading all the posts every
morning while I am taking care of Jackson...He eats and I read...Then
its his meds and I read more while he is cleaning his precious face
in my arms.....

Thank you all who picked my kids off the tree and have sent the most
FANTASTIC gifts for them.....They all(14) have enjoyed getting in the
boxes, running away from me down the hall with bags of bandits, leashes
or bedding...Anything they could get in their mouths and run with they
did..I would be right behind them while 12-13 others were looking at
me like "Look at momma run..hahahaha"..They are the craziest creatures
on earth....

Also Thank you all who sent cards during Thanksgiving..That's when all
heck was going wrong here....

For those who do not know me I am Jenny,Ferret Mom to 14 unique ferrets
here at Asti's Ferret Haven in Melbourne,Fla...I take in the kids who
are old or have medical issues..... I lost two very precious girls
within aweek and half and this has been recent...My heart is broken
but I know that I gave them both the best days of their lives.

One of my Angels Lucy I had only 12 days and rescued her from a cold
cat cage at a pound in Orlando,Fla... She was tiny and naked.She had a
little fur on her head and feet. During her 12 days here 4 of them were
days that you would have never thought anything could have been wrong
with her,SHE WAS TRUELY A FERRET..The other 8 days were fighting to
keep her alive and on her last day with me,her body temp had dropped to
95 and nothing I could for her worked.I had a necropsy performed and
sadly no medicines or vet could have saved her... But I can say she
died knowing love,clean food,fresh water and someone that gave a crap
about her and loved her.......I really do miss my naked girl!!

Then there was Afina..Oh she was a beautiful 7yr old,what you call old
stock Marshalls. Beautiful coat, but her owners whom had had her since
she was 2mons old didn't want her anymore. This was a ferret who lived
in a tiny cage the last year of her life and was only let out for
20mins a week for a year. She was blind and when she came to me she
never saw a cage again..She lived in a play pen with room to move
around and was out of it for 5-6 hrs aday..But she got depressed,
stopped eating and we thought she had a blockage. So I had surgery done
on her and it was no blockage but instead her liver had hardened. Her
liver was shot,it was really bad. But I had to make the choice to let
her go the next day, as she was in kidney failure..I don't blame me,
I blame the owner for giving her up to begin with. I miss Afina very
much...

So anyways, I read the post about copeing and it was so true..I grieve
in private because I have all my other kids who need me to be 100%,this
is heart breaking work and I commend all shelter parents for all they
do and know that I cry with you when I read that one of your babies has
left to go to that BEAUTIFUL place in the sky.

I have attached links of Lucy and Afina

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r144/astismom/lucy005.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r144/astismom/afina.jpg
[Afina link didn't work when I tried it. BIG]

I am very sorry this is so long.

Thanks for reading.......

Jenny and The 14 Peterson Weasels