From:
"Diana J. Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 1996 02:11:27 -0500
Hey, everybody.

Rascal pulled a most amazing disappearing act this morning.  He was
*nowhere* for two hours.  I had just gotten bored with Tom Snyder and
decided to go to bed.  First, though, I had to find Rascal and put him in
his cage.  He is usually under my bed sleeping when he's not terrorizing
Dandy (I supervise carefully.) or trying to *catch that slippery golfball*.
His bell was silent--a sure sign that he's in dreamland--so I headed for my
bed on all fours, squeeker and ferretone in hand.  See, you squeek the
squeeker to wake him up, and then squirt a little ferretone (I put it in an
empty nasal-spray bottle--makes it easy to dispense.) on the floor under his
nose to lure him out.  When he's under the influence of the ferretone he'll
crawl into my lap and I can transfer him to his cage without his knowledge.
:-)

So, anyway, I'm on the floor squeeking and squirting, (oh, boy, does that
sound bad!  Don't anybody go there!), but I get no ferret response.  A
flashlight tells me he's not under the bed.  That's weird.  He's *always*
under the bed.  So I checked a million other places.  Under the fridge.
(It's 'proofed.  He shouldn't be able to get in there.) No Rascal.  In the
kitchen cabinets.  (He's never been in them before, but there's always a
first time...) No Rascal.  Ditto the screened-in patio, the closet, the
bathroom, the laundry room, and everywhere else I could think of.  I
literally turned my apartment *upside-down* for *two hours*.  I even upended
my couch to see if he'd foiled my 'proofing job and gotten in there.  My
house looks like it was ransacked.

Two seconds before I'm about to give up and sit down in the middle of my
mess and *cry*, I spy a tee-shirt on the floor under the desk that *wasn't*
there before.  Could he have been there all this...?  I reach to fling the
shirt aside, and discover it weighs about 3.5 lbs, and has a *fur lining*!
My silly Rascal had been calmly sleeping in my cast-off tee-shirt the whole
time I was *freaking out* and tearing my apartment to shreds!  Oooooh!  I
could just....>:-[ *kiss* that little fuzzbutt all over!

Didi (What a relief!)
 & Rascal (What's wrong, Mom?  *I* knew where I was.)
& Dandy (*yawn*  What's goin' on?)