From:
"March, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 17:41:59 -0700
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Dracula ferrets
>... When I explained I was making a ferret cage, he told me they "jumped up
>and chewed out your throat"!  I got this mental picture of this kid coming
>into my house, covering his throat with linetone, then lying there for 3-5
>days while Monster patiently licked off all the linetone until she hit an
>artery!

I'd be willing to bet this myth came from the movie "Kindergarten Kop".  The
big final showdown had the "bad guy" grabbing a little kid, treating him
roughly, pointing a gun at him to get Ahnold to drop *his* gun, then just as
Ahnold is about to get greased, the indignant Ferret in the kid's jacket
comes popping out and grabs the baddie's throat, allowing Ahnie to blow the
dude away.  Missing both fert and kid, of course.

The actual bite scene is just a blur...I think they actually took a piece of
fur tied to a string and jerked it out of the kid's jacket up toward the
guy's neck, then panned towards Ahnold.  It's actually barely believable, if
the fert (large 4lbs+ male) had bonded to the kid who was being abused -
still quite a stretch.  The bite scene in Beastmaster where one of the guys
latched onto somebody's testicles and dangled there was funnier but even
less realistic.