Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:27:36 +0000
I think it has to do with location. Millie is set in the DFW metroplex
so it's a lot more available. BUT please do remember, she might have
one person there a day during the week but several on the weekend. I've
gone out twice per week after working 9 hours on my job and not getting
there till late and staying late. Been there when she hasn't had a
helper all day. So while it's true that Lori didn't have as many
helpers(due to location) there are differences in this rescue. Yes the
numbers are lower, but Millie is shuffling 5 kids per day to the vet to
have them neutered and spayed. A vet comes in to do ck ups and Millie
is microchipping herself. Not only that, all of these kids have been
ADV tested. That in itself is not a chore to be taken lightly.

It's not just about clean up. Though 70 ferrets in comfy cages with
bedding and litter boxes is a lot of work to take care of. Most of
the bedding has to be changed everyday. We have the shelter room, the
recovery room, the sick room, the boys room and the girls room. Round
the clock seeimgly care of those girls who had nasty uterine infections
and injuries suffered during transport.

73 is a lot when you also have a shelter to contend with. Being the
only shelter within the DFW area that is no kill, there are still
calls to answer and people wanting to "release" their fuzzies.

I can't imagine dealing with the numbers Lori did and I still commend
her for getting them out off the DMK farm. But it is different in a
way. There is more to these kids, not necessarily more of them. Heck
they all get play time out. It's a chore rounding them up, setting up
playpens and having someone stand there and watch them while they're
also folding laundry, playing with them and switching them out.

These kids are all there for a month. Until all are taken care of
medically and emotionally. Some of the girls will be there longer
waiting for homes. Hopefully, not much though. I know personally that
putting 12 hours in on Saturday to go through all the rooms is a chore.
There was only one other person there for 3 hours on Saturday besides
me. I do applaud Millie cause sometimes it's just her (and Millie don't
hit me tomorrow) she's not as young as she used to be :).

So there are differences, yes numbers made it that way. It made it
possible for Millie to get them all taken care of with vet care, spays
and neuters, chips, ADV etc but believe me when I say... it's still a
LOT of work.

Kudo's to Millie again. You have my respect always for taking this on
and doing it right.

Leanne in Fort Worth