From:
"Michelle Z. Matta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 1995 15:08:49 -0500
Two things...

1.  All 4 or my girls have the two blue dots on their ears, but the two
pet stores I bought them from both are supplied only by a breeder not
far from here.  The breeder confirmed that they were the supplier of
each of the stores.  Are these blue dots supposed to be exclusively
Marshal Farms?  All the kits there have the dots.  ??

2.  I thought I'd share our anything but amusing story for everyone
else's enjoyment.  Monday night my husband & I were heading to bed.  As
Kenny pulled the sheets down, we noticed that our waterbed mattress was
leaking.  (On a side note, the same thing just happened about a month
ago, but it was a defect in the mattress)  It was a small leak, just
filling the upper corner of the liner, so we figured it would be fine
until the morning until we could drain it.  Well 3 o'clock in the
morning we woke up because the water was dripping on the floor!  We took
off all the sheets to find TEETH MARKS in the upper corner of the
mattress.  Seems our newest (Ayla) was weaned too early and has been
sucking on anything she can.  Her older sister Salt has the soggy ear to
prove it.  She must have been sucking on it and punctured it.  So the
next day I go to the waterbed store to get a new mattress and set the
whole thing up and start to fill it ($49 a mattress!).  I take the
comforter up to the laundry mat to wash it and no sooner I get the thing
in the washer, Kenny comes flying up in his car.  I run out to see
what's up and he just looks at me.  I knew by his look something
happened.  He said that Ayla must have taken one look at the plastic
protruding fill-hole in new mattress (where you put the hose in to fill
the matress up) and found herself the BIGGEST NIPPLE SHE'S EVER SEEN!
He walked in to find her sucking away at the plastic fill-spout and when
he pryed her off, there were 4 teeth marks that punctured the new
mattress around the spout.  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry
considering it would be another $49.  Needless to say, the bedroom is
OFF LIMITS from now on.  It amazes me because we had the matress covered
with a mattress pad (the kind that looks like a fitted sheet) and all
the sheets were tucked down under the mattress.  She must have dug her
way inside the cover.  The other 3 have never given us trouble with the
bed before so we didn't even think twice about it.  We sure will from
now on!  I'm sure we'll find the humor in this ONE day!  ;-)

Mish